New Cruel Chick!
Hiya, all! I just joined the knitalong and I have a couple moments to spare, so I'm pseudo-introducing myself. ;D I'm doing the Intolerable Cruelty skirt for part of my "costume" for my Significant Other's annual Christmas party ... a.k.a. Pimps and Ho Ho Hos. ;) The party is next Friday, so we'll see if I manage to get it done by then -- ha! It'll be a superfast knitalong for me. I'm bending a bunch of guidelines and living on the wild side with this skirt, actually: using a yarn with silk content (only 20%, and the other 80% is half wool and half acrylic, but still), knitting with a slightly lighter weight yarn ... but hey. At least I did do a gauge swatch or seven.
Right now I'm eleven rows in ... woo. I know. I'm so far. ;) Still, I did just cast on last night, and I'm in the middle of spinning something for a swap, too. I'm hoping I'll have more time to sit and knit this weekend, since I'll be away from home on the crew for a cannon demonstration at a pirate fair, and we only have two demonstrations per day, plus the show itself opens at, like, eleven a.m. and closes at five, or something like that. Short show + only a couple of demos = lots of down time ... hopefully. I'm crossing my fingers.
Wish me luck? ;)