Thursday, September 21, 2006

Yarn Sale

While looking for SWTC Bamboo yarn, I found the Discount Yarn Sale site, which is selling 10 skein bags for $101.25 (American). That is approx. $3/skein less than retail (for example, Kpixie sells it for $13/skein). The image at left is the color card of available shades. I do not know if this is the older version of the yarn that Ashley mentioned in the previous post, or the newer, washed version. And a bag is more than is required for the project, but if you are interested in having some for your stash, this might be a cost-effective way to use the yarn called for in the pattern. Has anyone purchased yarn from them before?

I am also confused about the gauge for this pattern. Ashley, you mentioned that this yarn is a worsted weight, knit at DK gauge, but all info I could find on this yarn says it is DK. Did you mean that knitting it on smaller needles (the size4 you used vs. the size6 recommended by SWTC)? Thanks.

Hope everyone finds this helpful.

10 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Hanna said...

Velma,
The current Bamboo is definately DK weight and it knit up for me to the right gauge on the size 4's, so that may have been what Ashley meant. If I compare it to a previous project I did in DK weight yarn on 6's, there is a definate stitch size difference.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to use Zara yarn:)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

Thanks, Hanna. I think I will purchase a bag of the bamboo, in the fiery red. Is that the color you have?

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Hanna said...

yep, thats my color.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

well, aren't i just a big copycat!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Hanna said...

but its such a hot color :D
my bf even just said so.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

definitely. our asses are gonna SIZZLE!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

thanks for the clarification, ashley. geez, i *so* don't mean to be a nit-picker (knit-picker?). just trying to figure out all the nuances possible.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even thought I would love to knit this but more and more I am inclined not to. Just common belief that knitted skirt never works?? Too bad

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyyyyyy what's going on?Anyone actually making this yet????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home