Friday, September 29, 2006

hey, nice to meet you

My first response to the fall knitty was "Must. Make. That. Skirt." I am, however, a little afraid of what that much curve would do to my hips of doom so I've decided to stitch it up for my tall and skinny sister-in-law for Christmas. Joining a KAL always makes these sorts of projects more fun, especially since invariably I come to a moment in every pattern where I want to tear the project off my needles and rip it apart because something won't do what I think it should. Y'all will talk me me off the ledge, right? Okay, so maybe that won't be necessary--the pattern looks pretty straightforward. But here I can share my opinions and pictures of my progress in a stealth-like fashion, far away from the peeking eyes of my intended gift-ee.

Next step? Buy yarn. Hi, I'm Amy. I like to make stuff with my hands.

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! Hips are a good thing, and you don't have to taper the skirt as sharply as Ashley did for her XS. Something to think about. If you still decide against it, your skinny SIL will be one lucky gal this X-mas. I don't have a slender backup to give the skirt to should I decide I look ridiculous in it.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

amy, i think (i'm counting on it, actually) that this will look voonderbar on us hippy girls (that's chicks w/ hips, not chicks smelling of patchouli). or, the SIL will owe you one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home