Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Miscellany

Dears, I have created a Frappr! map and linked it in the sidebar. We are a truly international group, representing Australia, France, Spain, and the U.S. to date. Please add yourself to the map, so we can see where one another calls home.

I have also contacted the pattern author, inviting her to participate as a guest in our little knitalong. I am hoping that she is interested in offering yarn substitution suggestions. We shall see.

I also emailed Green Mountain Spinnery, who offers a Sylvan Sprite, a Tencel/wool blend dk yarn for sale. My thought was that because Tencell, a wood-pulp derived fiber, is supposed to retain garment shape well, as does wool, this might be a nice yarn substitution. Knitter's Review did a Yarn Profile of it HERE. A major drawback to this yarn, as I see it, is that it is only offered in 2 shades: a creamy white that may or may not take dye well, and a "brown-gray" color that looks more blue-gray to me. It is also costly, at $11 per 180 yard skein. On the upside, it is a relatively "green" yarn, as GMS uses environmentally-friendly processing and suppliers. I am still waiting to hear from them, too.

Hope all are enjoying the knitalong. Happy knitting!

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I hope we hear from the designer with sub. suggestions very soon. I am not going to do anything till have some ideas about that. It's great skirt and I want to do it right!!!!:)

 
At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's kind sucks that the haven't heard from the designer. ...>:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home