Thursday, September 14, 2006

Welcome to the Intolerable Cruelty Skirt KAL!

The new Fall 2006 issue of Knitty is out (yeah!!) and I was so taken with the Intolerable Cruelty Skirt pattern I decided to start a knitalong. Hope you will join me!

To Sign up:
Please send me an email WITH YOUR NAME, EMAIL ADDY, AND YOUR BLOG URL (if you have one) to velma underscore occam (at) yahoo (dot) com and I will:
  1. Add you to the group
  2. Put your name and a link to your blog (if you have one) in the sidebar
  3. Send you an invite to join, allowing you to post here
Next Steps:
  1. Get your pattern
  2. Get your yarn
  3. Start knitting!
Finally:
  1. You can post your progress/problems/photos here (please, no photos bigger than 350pixels, the Flickr! small size)
  2. You can also join and post your photos to the Flickr! group
  3. Take a button for your blog (please save to your server; don't be a bandwidth thief!)
  4. Tell your knitting friends!
IntolerableCrueltyKALThis knitalong is the first I've administered, so please be patient and cut me a little slack if (er, when) I foobar it up. (Please post any questions about the KAL in the comments for this post).

Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Suzi said...

Hi Velma!

Thanks for the invite I would lvoe to! I will send you an e-mail.

Suzi

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Velma,

I would love to join this KAL but I don't think I'll have much time nor money to knit the skirt with you guys. I guess I'll just knit the skirt vicariously through you guys!

Thanks for the invite!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger velmalikevelvet said...

suzi, your invite has been sent. see you soon!

kelly, thanks for dropping by! no worries, i understand the exigencies of knitting time/money allocation. hope you come by again and check out peeps progress.

cheers, velma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home